We are delighted to give you advance notice of Westminster Insight’s Data Protection Conference being held on Tuesday 30th April 2024 in London and online.
The Data Protection and Digital Information (DPDI) Bill, which sets out the current proposal to reform UK data protection law, is currently progressing through the House of Lords and is expected to pass by spring 2024.
Join this timely, bi-annual Conference to prepare your organisation for changes to privacy and UK GDPR. You will learn how to benchmark your existing data governance frameworks and take advantage of the upcoming changes.
Gain an update on changes in international data transfers – the new EU-US Data Privacy Framework, the EU Data Act and new ICO guidance on completing a transfer risk assessment when transferring personal data to the US.
With so much change in the realm of data protection, gain insight from experts across the industry. Hear them summarise the key issues and practical points for UK data controllers and data processors. Network with colleagues from across the industry to discuss the key the challenges facing organisations around data privacy.
We look forward to bringing you the programme and full speaker line-up announcement shortly.
Choose to attend in-person or online.
- Next steps for The Data Protection and Digital Information (No. 2) Bill
- The role of the Senior Responsible Individual
- Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs) and how a lower threshold would work in practice
- Understanding legitimate interests and next steps
- New technologies (such as AI and biometric data) and managing data protection risks
- Developments in online advertising, cookie consent, PECR and privacy
- An update on direct marketing
- Children’s data and the Online Safety Act
Venue Details and Access
In-person – This conference will take place in Central London. Attend in person or online to network, build relationships and learn from your peers.
Online – The conference will be recorded and live streamed via a custom digital platform. The content will be available on demand for 14 days.