Student complaints have been rising year on year. In 2021 The Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA) received a record 2,763 complaints.
Timed to follow the publication of the OIA annual report, attend to hear about the most common student complaints received, their outcomes, and which were upheld. Learn from OIA case summaries to help you decide fair and reasonable solutions to similar complaints.
Hear updates from The Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA) on the Good Practice Framework and the OIA annual report. Learn how to manage complaints about delivering value for money, potential group complaints and manage student expectations going forward.
Gain practical insight on how to handle complaints relating to harassment of all protected characteristics. You will hear how to improve reporting, investigation, transparency and support for victims.
With the growing concern of student wellbeing in higher education, understand how to deal with complaints from students about mental health, bullying and harassment. Our interactive panel of experts will discuss how to manage increasingly complex cases that require more than one procedure, such as involving HR, disciplinary or criminal proceedings.
- Hear updates from the Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA) on the Annual Report and Good Practice Framework
- Manage the unprecedented level of complaints resulting from the pandemic and balance student expectations moving forward
- Enhance academic appeal handling and learn lessons from adapting academic appeal procedures during the pandemic
- Tackle complex complaints including those involving multiple procedures and from students with mental health problems
- Improve responses to harassment and misconduct complaints