Join our one-day Social Media for Universities online training for strategies and guidance that will set you up for marketing success.
Discover what’s trending in social media in higher education. We will look at the current social media landscape for students including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and the latest Gen Z favourite, BeReal.
We will identify the audience groups that universities target the most often with social media content and campaigns. Who are Gen Z and how do they engage with social media?
We will identify your stakeholders – students, freshers, post grads, alumni, parents, employers and other key partners – and provide guidance on how to develop appropriate content for these groups. We will provide top tips for the use of video, user generated content and more.
We will look at the key messaging required at different stages during the student journey, including key dates in the admissions cycle and how this affects your social media planning.
Finally, how do you measure success? We will cover the measurements that matter to reach your objectives. Gain tools to do a competitor analysis and learn how to stand out among national and international competitors. Understand how to analyse metrics and boost engagement across different channels.
Join Luan Wise, social media expert, with over 20 years’ experience working with universities and students across the UK. You will hear best practice from Anu Hautalampi, Social Media Lead for UN Women and former Head of Social Media for Cambridge University. Lizzie Starling, Social Media Manager at the University of East Anglia will share recent real life examples on how to handle a crisis on social media.
This practical higher education social media course is packed full of do’s and don’ts and best practice examples to help you win the attention of prospective students and drive the conversation with current students. Learn how to manage your reputation and grow your audience and engagement.
- Identify your key stakeholders and understand the key influencers
- Understand the student recruitment journey – key dates and how this affects your social media planning
- Understand Gen Z and how to market to them
- Identify a good social media post, including calls to action and link tracking
- Reach key audiences via channel selection and content targeting
- Create engaging new content including video, and content with a purpose
- Embed accessibility in your social media strategy
- Respond to posts and messages and manage complaints
- Use listening tools to steer the conversation and build your reputation
- Navigate analytics and measure and record success