All schools are due an inspection by 2025. * Following the lift of the previous exemption placed on Outstanding schools from inspection in 2020, over 80% of schools that had a graded inspection last year did not retain their outstanding grade. ** Around a fifth of these schools were rated requires improvement or inadequate.**
Join Westminster Insight’s timely CPD-Accredited School Inspections conference as we address the key challenges to obtaining a good or outstanding inspection
We will spotlight best practice case studies from a variety of schools including those who have recently received an outstanding rating. Hear from experts in school improvement about their journey to turn around schools, including schools that have gone from ‘requires improvement’ and ‘special measures’ to ‘good’.
Our experienced school leaders will share their expert guidance for leadership and management. Hear how to foster a culture of strong, shared values and put in place policies and practices that promote high-quality and inclusive education. Working with your school’s strengths and weaknesses, learn how to improve outcomes and demonstrate to Ofsted your knowledge of staff and pupils.
With increasing attention on SEND provision and the new inspection criteria set to be released in 2023, hear how to ensure your school is prepared to meet new expectations. How can you design an inclusive curriculum without differentiating the learning objectives you give your pupils?
Hear from experts on providing the scaffolding each pupil needs to meet their full potential. Showcase your curriculum and SEND provision and ensure you are getting the best possible outcomes for your school.
Take inspiration on how to make the best possible first impression with your schools’ culture, behaviour and attitudes. Following the pandemic, many pupils are behind on vital social development. We will explore how to go beyond the curriculum, preparing pupils for their next destinations and providing personal enrichment.
Understand what to expect from a curriculum Deep Dive. A Deep Dive can also be daunting for pupils. We will discuss how to develop pupils’ oracy skills and provide them with the confidence to articulate their learning.
*Ofsted Press Release, April 2022
**Ofsted Press Release, November 2022
- Understanding the process of Ofsted inspections and new areas of focus for school improvement
- Lessons learnt from schools that have been recently inspected and practical case studies
- Demonstrating your vision for high-quality, inclusive education and training
- Making the best possible first-impression to inspectors
- Designing and demonstrating an outstanding curriculum and being deep-dive ready
- Enriching personal development: preparing pupils for their next destination and showcasing this
- Meeting and exceeding Ofsted expectations in safeguarding
- Understanding what is expected under new 2023 SEND inspections
- Creating an inclusive curriculum and providing the support each pupil needs to excel