There is growing concern about the rising numbers of exclusions and off-rolling in schools in England. Following the recently updated DfE guidance on suspension and school exclusion that came force on 1st September 2023, join us to explore how schools, local authorities and PRUs can provide high quality support for children most at risk of exclusion.
Working together to offer insight into effective intervention for helping vulnerable children remain in school. We will discuss how to equip and support schools and services to ensure that all children are given the chance to thrive academically, emotionally and socially.
Join with colleagues to explore the key challenges facing schools in managing persistent disruptive behaviour, inside and outside the classroom. Don’t miss this opportunity to network online and put your questions to schools and settings having success in preventing fixed-term and permanent exclusions and leading voices in the sector.
- Latest DfE guidance and legal framework for fixed suspension and permanent exclusion
- The scale of the problem, national trends and why some groups of pupils are likely to be excluded
- Key features and success factors of schools that are successfully preventing exclusions
- The evolving role of alternative provision and in-school units
- Targeted early intervention and inclusive practice to support to children most at risk of exclusion
- Equipping staff to deal with persistent disruptive behaviour
- Improving communication and involving parents and carers in decision-making
Benefits of attending
- Get an update on current legal responsibilities and guidance on suspensions and exclusions
- Hear from schools who are having success in preventing exclusions
- Learn how to effectively monitor and analyse data on behaviour and exclusion
- Find out how to successfully reintegrate pupils back into school following classroom removal, suspension or off-site redirection
- Pick up tips on the behaviour management strategies that work in streamed primary/secondary case study sessions
- Hear practical advice on how to foster positive relationships with parents and carers
- Find out how best to support teachers and improve staff wellbeing
- Opportunity to discuss challenges and strategies with peers from across the UK