Don’t miss out on Westminster Insight’s annual Safeguarding Adults Digital Conference. This year, our conference focusses on developing practices and raising standards.
Following the publication of the 2022 Independent Report, Revisiting Safeguarding*, which set out updated practical guidance for practitioners, it is crucial to understand the expectations placed on you, and how you can deliver real person-centred services.
Explore what ‘good’ safeguarding means, and the impact of ongoing reforms, such as the new proposals for Liberty Protection Safeguards.
Following the pandemic, a career in safeguarding has become increasingly complex. Practitioners are facing new and growing challenges surrounding self-neglect and hidden harms. With safeguarding referrals also on the rise, understand the ongoing impact of the pandemic and growing pressures on services and staff. You will hear solutions and new initiatives to support the delivery of services and improve standards across the sector.
Hear from sector leaders on how to develop a culture of continual development and learning, and your importance as a leader to embed high standards, regardless of your setting.
Delivered via our bespoke interactive platform, attend live or watch on demand.
We recommend that you also attend our afternoon workshop focussed on Transitional Safeguarding. This optional half-day workshop offers practical advice and guidance on how to bridge the gap and improve outcomes for children moving into adult social care services. Share best practice and network with your peers.
*Revisiting Safeguarding Practice Independent Report (March 2022)
- Revisiting Safeguarding Practice Independent Report: Understand what makes ‘good’ safeguarding and how to raise the quality of your practices
- Coping with increased demand for services following the pandemic: overcoming growing challenges including self-neglect, closed cultures and hidden harms
- Develop and implement reflective practices and a culture of development
- Best practice in leadership, governance and accountability
- Understand the proposals for Liberty Protection Safeguards and how they will impact the delivery of services
- Supporting staff to improve outcomes for those at risk: mental health and wellbeing, burnout and workload
- Solutions for recruiting and retaining talented staff to meet growing demand