We are delighted to give you advance notice of Westminster Insight’s Local Area SEND Inspections Digital Conference taking place online in December.
Following the publication of the new Local Area SEND Inspection Framework published by Ofsted and CQC in January, less than half of those inspected received the top grade. * There are examples of excellent practice highlighted in the latest inspection reports, but concerns around health services and assessments wait times, among other areas of difficulty have been identified.
Nearly a year on from the new Inspection Framework’s release, join Westminster Insight’s highly anticipated Local Area SEND Inspections Digital Conference. Understand the changes under the new framework, and lessons learnt since its implementation. Hear directly from the DfE SEND Review Steering Group on creating a system that provides the best outcomes for all children and young people with SEND.
Understand what the new processes for inspection will entail, as we unpick the new inspection framework. We will gain insight from best practice in effective leadership from those who have undergone inspection. Hear how you can create an accurate, shared understanding of the needs of children and young people in your local area, fostering an environment for effective multi-agency collaboration.
Hear directly from parents and young people with SEND on how you can improve engagement. Understand what their involvement in the evidence collection during your inspection entails.
We will review the key areas of focus that Ofsted and CQC are concerned about including alternative provision commissioning, delivering effective Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs), and attendance across the local area. How will these be factored into your inspection?
Virtually connect with peers and understand how you can better holistically support children and young people with SEND.
Spaces are limited so we recommend early booking. We look forward to bringing you the programme and speaker line-up shortly.
- Understanding the new Local Area SEND Inspection Framework
- Lessons learnt from recent inspections
- The role of children and young people, parents and the different local partners in inspections
- What will engagement meetings look like and what evidence will be used to guide inspection outcome
- Effective leadership: developing a good, shared understanding of local needs and demonstrating this in your inspection
- Developing successful co-production pathways with children and parents
- Best-practice in alternative provision commissioning
- Improving on attendance across the local area and delivering on EHCPs