Since 2019, the UK Government committed £3.5bn to enable the recruitment and training of 20,000 new officers* via the Police Uplift Programme (PUP). PUP, aims to make forces more representative of the communities they serve.
While data suggests police forces are achieving significant progress on diverse representation, onboarding of LGBT+ staff has been low. With homophobic and transphobic-related discrimination on the rise, further support is needed for LGBT+ staff both in and beyond their workplace.
The policing sector has been left with two central questions to answer:
- What next steps can be taken to attract underrepresented communities to careers in policing?
- How do we create inclusive working cultures where everyone has a sense of belonging?
We are excited to announce the launch of Westminster Insight’s LGBT+ Inclusion in Policing Conference bringing together key stakeholders from across the policing sector. Gain insights on how to effectively attract, onboard and retain LGBT+ talent.
Our conference will platform speakers with both lived and practical experience leaving you with tangible takeaways for you and your organisation to action.
Led by GenderSpace, you will gain guidance on how to support the journeys of transgender staff both in and beyond the workplace.
We will share best practice on navigating gender critical views in policing. To what extent are organisations required to accommodate gender critical views in the workplace? Join us to learn how British Transport Police are placing education and inclusion at the centre of their diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Increasing representation of LGBT+ communities in policing careers
- Progressing cultures of LGBT+ inclusion through visible and inclusive leadership
- Tackling harassment, bullying and transphobia in policing
- Supporting the journeys of transgender staff in and beyond the workplace
- Navigating gender critical views in the workplace
Venue Details and Access
In-person – This conference will take place in Central London. Attend in person to network, build relationships and learn from your peers.