Sport in the UK should be accessible and inclusive for all. On and off the pitch, major challenges still exist around equality, diversity and inclusion in sport.
We are pleased to announce Westminster Insight’s Levelling the Playing Field: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Sport UK Conference taking place in June in London and online. We will outline the priorities for equality, diversity, and inclusion, from grassroots to elite and management levels.
Our event is perfectly timed to dovetail with the two-year anniversary of the TRARIIS Review, and to discuss the Government’s sports strategy, due for publication later this year. There are new pledges to ensure equal access to sport in schools, including new standards for equal access to sport in schools and extra-curricular activities; and the expansion of the Schools Games Mark, announced in March 2023.
Join us to for unmissable keynotes: The Rt. Hon. Stuart Andrew MP, Minister for Sport will discuss Government priorities to improve access to sport for all. Arun Kang OBE, Chief Executive of Sporting Equals will share expert insights into what a truly diverse and inclusive organisation looks like. Chaired by Kick it Out, you will learn how to unlock barriers to sport, through expert panel sessions, spotlights, and case studies.
Good governance, accountability and reporting is key to improvement and delivering successful EDI strategies. We will showcase how to use data and reporting to enhance standards. You will hear from leading voices on tackling racism, achieving gender equality, and building inclusive spaces for LGBTQ+ in sport. We will spotlight how the media and sponsorship can be harnessed to improve EDI.
You will learn about new requirements under the revised Code for Sports Governance to deliver ambitious Diversity and Inclusion Action Plans, and understand how Government policy is designed to support EDI in sport.
Choose to attend in-person or online.
- How to lead change in EDI
- Unlocking the barriers to sport from grassroots, to elite and management levels
- Encouraging and embedding role models from underrepresented communities
- Delivering ambitious Diversity and Inclusion Action Plans
- The role of media and sponsorship in promoting EDI in sport
- Providing high-quality support on and off the pitch
- Developing strong governance and accountability frameworks to raise standards
- Role models: improving representation across sports
- Improving recruitment and staffing processes at elite and management levels
- Ensuring truly inclusive leadership in sport, on and off the pitch
In-person – This conference will take place in Central London. Attend in-person to network, build relationships and learn from your peers.
Online – The conference will be recorded and live streamed via a custom digital platform. The content will be available on demand for 14 days.