Join Westminster Insight’s Future of Football Conference to explore what’s next for football from grassroots to the elite level.
With intense scrutiny on the game since the 2021 Fan-Led Review by Tracey Crouch MP, and subsequent White Paper on Reforming Football Governance, many areas of the game face an overhaul.
What will the nation’s most loved sport look like in the future?
Hear from industry experts who will assess the impact of the proposed reforms on club structures, fan engagement, broadcasting, advertising and sponsorship.
Women’s football is a key target of reform. Rapid yet sustainable development is elevating the game to match growing demand. We will explore institutional changes, regulatory and organisational improvements, and opportunities to commercialise the women’s game.
A game for all … Is enough being done to improve equality, diversity and inclusivity, on and off the pitch? Learn how you can ensure fair representation and widen opportunities to increase social mobility within the game.
Every footballer’s story begins at the same place – at grassroots level. What improvements are moulding the game’s future stars and increasing participation at school and amateur levels?
Delve into the relationship between gambling and football. Hear about the steps being taken to support vulnerable fans and players most at risk of the dangers; this includes policy updates in the Gambling Reform White Paper.
Much of the global image of the English football system comes from its rich advertising and broadcasting opportunities – explore what this means for fans, clubs and the wider footballing pyramid.
We will address the crucial issue of mental health– what is being done to raise awareness and provide support for players at all levels and fans within the football sphere?
Attend this event to gain an exclusive insight into the future of football as it looks to introduce sustainable, fair and long-lasting change. Whatever your relationship is with the game, network with colleagues from across football including elite, amateur and school level to understand how we protect and maintain momentum across football.
- Learnings from the Fan Led Review of Football Governance – understanding the findings of the report and next steps to secure the game’s future
- Exploring club ownership, finance and governance and the impact of regulation
- Fan engagement and club structure: are the voices of fans being heard?
- Maintain momentum in women’s football development
- Implementation of new Equality, Diversity and Inclusion targets: facilitating social mobility
- Tackling racism and abuse across the game
- Football and gambling – creating a healthier relationship for players, fans and the football community
- Improving grassroots football: widening participation, access and exploring support system through outreach work
- Broadcasting and sponsorship – is the current system sustainable and fair across the pyramid?
- Mental health and football: improving support and understanding across the game