This one-day online course is designed to help you understand how to develop and provide an effective response to public policy challenges. For those who are new to the policy environment, the course will help you to understand the key stages in policy making. More experienced policy makers will deepen their understanding of how to develop and implement effective policy.
This highly interactive course will provide you with tips and techniques to take your policy making to the next level. You will have the opportunity to practice your skills, ask questions and take part in practical learning exercises throughout the day.
Primarily designed for civil servants, this course is also useful for others working in roles that require an understanding of policy in the wider public sector (e.g. local government, health and education).
- Gain a better understanding of what government policy is all about
- Take away frameworks and techniques for policy development
- Understand how to incorporate evidence and analysis in policy formulation
- Guidance for designing and proposing impartial policy options
- Learn methods for policy appraisal and evaluation
- Top tips for troubleshooting policy implementation and delivery
- Solutions for remote and hybrid policy teams