85% of UK domestic property uses natural gas for heating and the majority of homes are inadequately insulated, while government schemes have supported the replacement of gas boilers and upgrades to improve energy efficiency, there is still progress to be made to meet the 2050 net zero strategy. Urgent steps need to be taken to overcome supply chain issues, skills gaps and widespread resident uptake to avoid further delays.
Decarbonising the housing sector is the key to achieving many of the government’s biggest challenges: energy security; air quality, jobs and skills, reducing fuel poverty and Levelling Up. (CCC Progress report, June 2022)
Westminster Insight’s Decarbonising Homes Hybrid Conference will highlight innovative strategies and collaborative approaches to deliver low carbon solutions. Explore available resources to help you harness funding opportunities and embed local assets to drive a comprehensive net zero strategy.
Review targets and progress made by the Heat and Building Strategy, including industry recommendations to improve energy performance by overcoming supply chain, skills and resource barriers. You will have the opportunity to share challenges with experts and gain insights to tackle barriers and achieve sector readiness.
Explore the recommendations of a National Retrofit Strategy from the Federation of Master Builders. Evaluate the costs and investment needed to decarbonise the UK’s 28 million homes.
You will gain insights from leading pilot programmes in Scotland and West Midlands Combined Authority, who have succeeded in engaging their organisation and consumers, making the case for the environmental, cost and health benefits of clean heat. Hear best practice to bid and advice to utilise funding from the Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund through the Social Housing Retrofit Accelerator.
- Harnessing funding and implementing evidence-based strategies to decarbonise homes
- Mapping local needs and assets to create circular economy strategies
- Collecting data and intelligence to monitor progress against targets
- Reviewing upcoming regulations and standards to improve energy performance and heat networks
- Ensuring sector readiness: tackling supply chain obstacles and skills gaps
- Embed a net zero strategy by triaging with residents and installers