This is a past event. Enquire to purchase the content and materials on demand.
The mental health and wellbeing of children and young people has been severely impacted by the pandemic. Recent data from NHS Digital from September 2021 suggests that 1 in 6 young people now has a probable mental health disorder.
It has been well documented that a ‘whole-school approach’ to mental health has the best chance of supporting children’s wellbeing and their future educational attainment.
Westminster Insight’s Child Mental Health and Wellbeing in Schools Digital Conference will examine how schools can support children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing and how to adopt, implement and embed an effective whole-school approach.
For all types of schools, the NHS, local authorities and the voluntary and community sectors, this event will share real-life case study experiences from a number of different schools and academies.
- Hear the latest updates from the Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition Members’ Report 2021
- Implementing an effective whole-school approach that supports children and young people’s mental health
- Best practice case studies from primary and secondary schools, alternative provisions and academies on improving child mental health and wellbeing
- Developing strategies for installing a culture and curriculum of wellbeing in your school, from SLT to staff and every student
- Learn how to nurture emotional wellness, enabling children’s academic capacity and learning outcomes to flourish through the Trauma-Informed Schools UK approach
- Address the challenges schools face in supporting pupil mental health and wellbeing, in the wake of Covid-19