We are delighted to give you advance notice of Westminster Insight’s 3rd annual Alternative Provision Conference, taking place at the Cavendish Conference Centre in London this Autumn.
Following the publication of the SEND and AP Improvement Plan, join us to explore how schools and settings can provide high quality support for children in alternative provision, for those most at risk of exclusion and those with medical needs.
Working together to improve future outcomes for young people, we will discuss how to ensure children are placed in the right setting, at the right time.
Join 150+ school and PRU leaders to explore the key challenges facing alternative provision. Don’t miss this opportunity to network in-person with colleagues from across the UK and put your questions to award-winning AP schools/settings and leading voices in the sector.
*Permanent exclusions and suspensions in England, Gov UK, November 2022
Sessions will include
- Next steps following the publication of the SEND and AP Improvement Plan
- Ensuring children are placed in the right place at the right time
- Reducing risks of permanent exclusion and improving future prospects after school
- A spotlight on neurodiversity, SEMH, and SEND – supporting children to meet their full potential
- Supporting children to manage behaviour and emotions healthily
- Safeguarding and supporting the wellbeing of vulnerable young people in AP
- Tackling the recruitment and retention challenges in the AP sector
- Working within tight budgets and maximising funding
- Listening to the voices of PRUs and the AP sector
- The role of local authorities and multi-agency partnerships
Benefits of Attending
- Find out how to secure maximum funding for your setting
- Understand what Ofsted inspectors are looking for in Alternative Provision
- Learn how to support children’s mental health and wellbeing
- Learn how to take a graduated approach to SEND support
- Discover how to engage and build trust with parents and carers
- Hear best practice in working with communities to reduce pupils vulnerability to criminal exploitation
- Learn how to meet requirements in attendance
- Gain an insight into how to tackle recruitment and retention issues
- Gain 6 hours CPD accredited learning