One in four emergency services workers has thought about ending their lives (Mind).
- Nicola Hughes, Blue Light Champion Training Lead, Metropolitan Police
- Dr Matt Kerton, Pre-Hospital Doctor, Isle of White and Hampshire Air Ambulance
- Tracy Nicholls, CEO, College of Paramedics
- Fatima Fernandes, Head of Staff Support, London Ambulance Service
- Wayne Norris, FireFighter, Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service
Westminster Insight’s half-day forum will share how blue light services can prioritise mental health and wellbeing
to take care of those who care and protect the public. Learn how to support employees through the unique challenges of working for the emergency services including trauma, lone working and inflexibility.
Explore how a multi-agency approach to mental health across the emergency services could develop a clear and shared vision for the future.
Gain insight into cultivating cultural change around mental health,
developing a resilient workforce
who can manage and monitor their wellbeing,
to reduce absenteeism.
Learn from the London Ambulance Service on building peer support networks,
helping to normalise discussions around mental health and improve the work-life balance. You will also explore how training managers and early intervention strategies
can reduce the number of employees hitting crisis point.
Join frontline professionals from across the emergency services to hear how to promote positive wellbeing to retain staff.