Volunteers are an incredible asset to both the public sector and Voluntary, Community & Social Enterprises (VCSEs). Recent research has found that volunteering is worth around £324 billion a year. But after the immense upsurge of volunteering during the pandemic, volunteer managers now have to adapt to the impact the post-pandemic landscape and cost-of-living crisis is having on the recruitment and retention of volunteers.
Westminster Insight’s Conference is ideally timed to look at the key challenges and opportunities facing volunteer managers in 2024 and to explore what the future looks like for volunteering in the UK.
Delegates will learn how to adapt every aspect of the volunteer journey to challenging times, including; planning, recruitment, induction, support, and development.
Hear directly from the NHS Volunteering Taskforce about their recommendations for optimising volunteer time to improve service delivery, which can be applied to all organisations.
Put your questions to a panel of volunteers about what contributes towards a good volunteer experience and explore how to improve retainment through reward, recognition and routes to paid roles.
Take away advice on how to improve your advertising and recruiting to ensure you are reaching diverse audiences, overcoming any barriers to inclusivity and engaging the new generation of volunteers.
Minimise risk to your organisation by having your legal queries answered in our legal troubleshooting session covering issues such as safeguarding, data protection, health and safety and equality.
- Understanding the current challenges and opportunities facing volunteer management and preparing for the future
- Maximising the impact volunteers can have on service delivery from lessons learnt during the pandemic
- Hear directly from a panel of volunteers about how to improve the volunteer experience through active management, reward and recognition
- Overcoming barriers to inclusivity to ensure a diverse range of volunteers
- Improving recruitment to attract the right volunteers for the right roles, and how to engage Generation Z
- Developing routes to employment for Volunteers
- Legal Issues for volunteer management including; safeguarding, data protection, health and safety and equality
Click here for sponsorship opportunities.