The Government recently launched Get Active: a strategy for the future of sport and physical activity. The vision is to build a healthier nation, drive participation in sport, improve facilities, and build sustainability and integrity in the sector.
Join your colleagues from across the country at Westminster Insight’s Sport Strategy Conference, as we focus on harnessing the positive power of sport and physical activity and achieving access for all.
You will hear from key stakeholders including DCMS, Sport England and Youth Sport, governing bodies, leading organisations, and experts on their plans to invest in facilities and infrastructure and achieve better social, health and economic outcomes. Learn how to make best use of the £400 million funds available for grassroots organisations.
What can we do to narrow the activity gap? Hear from Access Sport and Active Partnerships on how to create place-based approaches to harness the benefits of sport and reduce inequalities across health, employment and attainment. Join us to hear from community-based organisations on how to encourage underrepresented groups to adopt a safe and active lifestyle and improve outcomes for children and young people through sport.
We will dive into the most pressing sport integrity challenges, including safeguarding, mental health, good governance, complaint handling and dispute resolution.
We will focus on making sport more sustainable, both in terms of financial governance and and environmental sustainability.
Network with peers from across the sport sector, drive wider participation and improve outcomes for all.
- Sharing best practice to widen participation in sport
- Understanding the key barriers to getting active
- Targeting investment to narrow the gap on inactivity
- Partnering with health and local services to harness the long-term health benefits of sport
- Developing sport with integrity: complaint handling and dispute resolution
- Supporting mental health and safeguarding
- Measuring value and impact
- Next steps for government-funded facilities, active spaces and programmes
- Attracting alternative and sustainable forms of investment to help sport thrive
In-person – This conference will take place at IStructE in Central London. Attend in-person to network, build relationships and learn from your peers.