We are delighted to give you advance notice of Westminster Insight’s Neurodivergence in Education Conference, taking place in Central London and Online on Tuesday 26th March 2024.
Every classroom is neurodiverse. At this practical one-day conference, we will share the latest insights and practical guidance for supporting neurodivergent students in education, and building inclusive cultures that allow all students to thrive.
By adopting a whole school approach to neurodiversity, you will promote belonging for neurodivergent students and create a neurodivergent-friendly workplace culture which also supports staff.
At this timely conference, you will hear from experts in education and neurodiversity on how to better identify neurodivergence in students and improve your understanding of the key challenges for neurodivergent pupils. You will hear best practice guidance for creating a positive learning environment, empowering neurodivergent learners and tailoring approaches to the needs of the individual student.
We will share practical solutions to help neurodivergent students to develop personal resilience and improve self-esteem; and approaches that prioritise inclusion and well-being. We will spotlight the link between neurodivergence on mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression, and emotionally based school avoidance. We will focus on trauma-informed education, and you will learn how to adapt teaching techniques to improve accessibility and outcomes. We will also discuss protective factors that can help to avoid or minimise burnout for neurodivergent pupils.
Gain updates on policy and guidance for supporting neurodivergent pupils in education, including recent Government proposals to enhance support for neurodivergent pupils following the publication of its SEND and Alternative Provision Improvement Plan.
Bringing together practical case studies and specialist insights, attend to meet experts in neurodiversity and education, Headteachers, SENDCOs, mental health support teams and more, from across the country.
We recommend early booking. We look forward to bringing you the programme and speaker line-up shortly.
Choose to attend in-person or online.
- Taking a whole school approach to neurodiversity
- Ensuring inclusive recruitment and a positive work culture
- Removing barriers for neurodivergent pupils
- Providing staff with the skills and knowledge to support every pupil
- Enabling trauma informed education practices
- Embedding neurodivergent friendly pedagogy across all aspects of education
- Transforming assessments and academic outcomes for neurodivergent students
- Diversifying teaching strategies
- Supporting positive transitions within education and beyond
- In-person – This conference will take place at the Institution of Structural Engineers, Bastwick Street, London. Attend in-person to network, build relationships and learn from your peers.
- Online – The conference will be recorded and live streamed via a custom digital platform. The content will be available on demand for 14 days.
- Accessibility – a quiet room will be available throughout the day. Hearing loop and captioning provided. Please contact us for any other reasonable adjustments.