From Spring 2023, the PHSO will use the new NHS Complaints Standards to evaluate the effectiveness of complaint handling within NHS organisations. Working with regulators, the PHSO will aim to ensure NHS settings are adopting a system-wide approach and embedding feedback from complaints.
Join Westminster Insight’s Improving Complaint Handling in the NHS Digital Conference to explore how to make every complaint count. Get the latest updates on the NHS Complaints Standards and hear from early adopters to understand how you can successfully implement the framework in your NHS organisation. Prepare for the new evaluation process. Provide quicker, simpler and more streamlined complaint handling services.
Attend to hear how you can embed the Patient Safety Incident Response framework (PSIRF) by September 2023, ensure your complaints processes comply with the framework and deliver effective responses to complex complaints around patient safety.
Learn more about your duty of candour and legal responsibilities with an opportunity to put your questions to a legal expert. You will hear from different types of NHS organisations on navigating sensitive complaints, communicating timeframes to service users and empowering staff to focus on early resolution.
Promoting best practice, you will gain insight on how to shift mindsets, restructure complaints teams and achieve early resolution across your NHS organisation. Challenge your organisation’s complaints culture, develop learnings and ensure service improvement.
Network with colleagues from across the NHS and take away practical insights on how to implement the NHS Complaints Standards in your setting and improve outcomes.
- Latest update on the NHS Complaints Standard and PSIRF
- Equipping staff with the right tools to respond to complaints effectively
- Best practice: working to improve organisational safety, patient experiences and outcomes
- Understanding your legal responsibilities: handling compensation and reimbursement
- Delivering fair, timely and consistent complaint handling to benefit staff, services, and patients
- Embedding co-operation: learning from one another’s trials and successes
- Aiming for early resolution and working towards clear timeframes