The Government’s long-anticipated SEND and AP Improvement Plan, published last year, proposed a three-tier model for alternative provision, focusing on three key areas: early intervention in mainstream schools; time-limited intensive AP placements; and supporting effective transitions including back to mainstream settings or post-16 destinations.
Join our popular Alternative Provision Conference in Manchester to hear about the next steps for implementing the SEND and AP Improvement Plan. We will bring together AP settings, PRUs and mainstream schools to share good practice and next steps to reduce preventable exclusions and improve the experiences and outcomes for young people in alternative provision.
Ofsted’s report from February reaffirmed that alternative provision is working well for some children in England, but overall, too many children have negative experiences. Educational outcomes are significantly worse for children who are excluded from school, and a pupil’s likelihood of transitioning back to mainstream declines as they get older.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from pioneers in the sector on how to implement AP outreach in mainstream schools, provide targeted support for children in AP, re-engage pupils in education, and support the transition to post-16 destinations.
With interactive sessions, case studies, and expert speakers, we will highlight key areas for improvement, effective partnership working, and examples of good practice across the sector.
- Ensuring strong communication between the AP, the school, pupils, parents/carers, local authorities, and other agencies
- Preventing exclusion by offering early intervention to manage pupil behaviour and support learning needs
- Meeting pupils’ needs through AP outreach
- Effectively meeting the individual needs of children and young people with SEND and SEMH
- Improving pupil readiness for transition to mainstream education or a sustainable post-16 destination
- Providing careers advice and preparing pupils for adulthood
- Unlocking the potential of technology and innovation
- Effectively monitoring and tracking pupil progress
In-person: This conference will take place within Central Manchester. The venue will be confirmed shortly. Attend this full-day event to network, build relationships, and learn from your peers.
Interested in sponsoring this event? Click here for sponsorship opportunities.